VoIP systems for small to large businesses
Epygi Technologies is committed to delivering integrated communication solutions to meet your specific needs. Epygi's QX and Quadro IP PBX and Gateway products are the result of years of careful planning, expert design and exhaustive laboratory testing by R&D engineers. Their goal is to provide you with affordable products, features specific to your company's unique needs with ease of installation, maintenance and use. Epygi is also cross-certified with a broad selection of IP phones and SIP providers, in order to provide you with a completely integrated communications package.
Epygi makes one of the most robust solid-state IP PBX appliances. With over a decade of performing consistently well, Epygi is a IP PBX to consider when solid state and reliability are an issue. Epygi designs and manufacturers IP PBX appliances that serve primarily the SMB and SOHO markets. Epygi markets a very complete line of feature-rich IP PBX units along with gateways that bridge IP and traditional public network telephony.
Using its own IP PBX call manager software based on the SIP standard, Epygi combines telecommunications network knowledge with emerging computer telephony protocols and state of the art electronic design to deliver a robust Voice over Internet Protocol utility.
- This IP PBX is designed for offices with up to 50 users and supports up to 16 concurrent calls.
- This product supports up to 48 IP devices.
- The QX50 has two FXO analog PSTN connections and two FXS analog station ports.
- This Gateway supports four ISDN BRI connections for phones and analogue devices.
- The QXISDN4 is a stand-alone SIP gateway device for both Epygi QX IP PBXs or other SIP-compliant IP PBXs.
- This system can be used to add inbound lines and balance outbound call volumes.
- This IP PBX is designed for offices with up to 32 users and supports up to 10 concurrent calls.
- This product supports up to 32 IP devices.
- The QX20 includes SIP trunking, so the QX20 can connect directly to an Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP) with no additional equipment.
- The primary function of this system is to bridge traditional PBX traffic to the Internet.
- A single E1/T1 port supports 30 and 24 simultaneous calls for E1 and T1 devices respectively.
- Integrating this product with any QX IP PBX allows the Gateway to then be managed through the IP PBX’s GUI.